For Drupal 6, this module is being replaced by the Dashboard project as part of the drupal.org redesign. We need volunteers to work on Dashboard, so go over there and help out, please.
The Drupal 5 version still works, but is not actively being developed. I have marked the module as 'Obsolete.'
MySite pages let users create a personalized summary of the site by adding selected content elements to their personal page. The MySite module is similar to tools like MyYahoo!, iGoogle and NetVibes. However, the content available is generated from your web site.
With Droplets, site administrators can also expose web-based content widgets like those from Google and WidgetBox to their users.
The 5.x.3 release adds multiple page support, so that users can have more than one personal page.
MySite was written using an API/Plug-In model that allows the core module to be extended to handle additional content types. These content types do not have to be nodes.
The following types of content are supported by MySite:
- Individual RSS feeds handled by Aggregator
- RSS feed categories handled by Aggregator
- Blog posts by individual site users
- Book pages
- Forum topics and content
- Content assigned to taxonomy terms
- Comments attached to specific posts *
- Block content *
- Views *
- Internet widgets such as Google Gadgets *
- All posts by node type (CCK support) *
- All posts by user *
- Most popular site content *
- Specific posts *
- MySite 5.x.1.10 and higher also support user-selected theming and automatic path alias support.
* Requires MySite 5.x.2 or higher.
* Download and install the jQuery Update 5.x.1.0 from: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/jquery_update-5.x-1.0.tar.gz
* Download and install the jQuery Interface module from: http://drupal.org/project/jquery_interface
Since MySite uses an API, users are welcome to create their own plugins. You may read a complete plugin development tutorial at http://drupal.org/node/119583.
The following plugins have been developed and a released in the /contrib/ folder of the 5.x.2.0 tarball.
- biblio.inc -- support for the Biblio module contributed by csc4.
- refine.inc -- support for Refine by Taxonomy contributed by patchak.
- storylink.inc -- support for Vote-Up-Down contributed by patchak.
- weblink.inc -- support for Links contributed by suchold-it.
Please work on completing the Dashboard module instead.