Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Mode module is a utility module that allows administrators to manage different permission sets and switch between them conveniently. It works by manipulating the permissions table during each switch.
Example scenarios where this module will prove useful:
- Setting the site to a read-only mode by creating a mode where users only have the 'access content' permission.
- Manually throttle access to certain modules such as search by limiting access to 'search content' and 'use advanced search'.
- Create permission templates for multi-site installations to ease administration.
The module provides a block listing various permissions sets that an administrator can switch to. Mode also features Drush integration.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content Access Control, Drush, User Access & Authentication, Utility
- Reported installs: 2 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,744
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.