Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Allows menu items to render views instead of links. This is useful for creating "mega-menus".
What Menu Views Does
Menu Views is a utility module. It provides back end support for replacing a standard menu item link with a menu item view. Menu items (in any menu) now have the option of toggling between two different menu item types: link or view. Depending on which option is selected, the appropriate configuration form is displayed on the admin side and the appropriate type of item is rendered on the front-end.
What Menu Views Does NOT Do
Menu Views is NOT a theming/styling module for mega-menus. As stated above, this module is strictly a utility module for replacing menu item link with a view. Once the HTML markup is there, Menu View's job is done! Read.
Depending on how a theme renders the primary and secondary navigation, this module may not work because the parent items may not ever be extended (regardless whether they are checked as such in the menu item). It is strongly recommended to use one of the following modules in your theme's menu region instead (see: Use menus in Drupal 7? You need Menu block module.).
- Views Field View - Allows the embedding of a view as a field inside a view.
- Semantic Views - Reduced or alter the HTML markup of a view.
- Menu Expanded - Reverts the changes made in
- Permissions - Admins have the ability to grant select users with the ability to create or configure menu view items.
- Breadcrumb Configuration - Display and configure the menu item's breadcrumb title and link.
- Title Configuration - Display and configure the view's title.
- Tokens - Pass tokens to the view's arguments or title. Use tokens in the menu item's breadcrumb title or path.
Here are some articles that discuss mega-menus and Menu Views:
- Improving Menu Views in Drupal 7 to Create Mega Menus More Efficiently
- Drupal Mega Menus Made Simple
- Revisited: Mega Menus in Drupal 7
- Use menus in Drupal 7? You need Menu block module.
Below is a list of issues that have already been filed and answered:
Below are known issues and have already been addressed, please do no re-open if closed.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Administration, Content Display, Site Navigation, Theme Enhancements, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 7,764 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 58,868
- Last modified: March 7, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.