By default, Drupal requires that you enter a path for each menu link you add/edit from the Menu administration page.
There are cases you may want to create a parent item, without any path, that simply links to its first viewable child item.
Menu Firstchild provides this functionality.
- Install the module like any other module.
- Navigate to admin/structure/menu and choose the menu you want to customize.
- Add a new menu link or edit an existing link then enter <firstchild> as the link path to turn it into a parent item linking to its first accessible child.
Breadcrumb might be wrong. This is not a bug of Menu Firstchild but a problem linked to Drupal's weak default breadcrumb system.
To solve breadcrumb issues, whether using Menu Firstchild of not:
- Try Menu Breadcrumb.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Path Management, Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 15,637 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 104,275
- Last modified: March 3, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.