This module allows you to use the menu the current page belongs to for the breadcrumb, generating breadcrumbs from the titles of parent menus. In the Drupal 6 and 7 version, you may also:
- Select and re-order the menus on which you want the menu-based breadcrumbs
- Append the page title to the breadcrumb (either as a clickable url or not)
- Hide the breadcrumb if it only contains the link to the front page
- Generate the breadcrumb from the URL structure if content does not belong to a menu (7.x-1.6 and older only)
In the Drupal 8 version these features are introduced:
- If the "Taxonomy Attachment" option is selected for a menu, and if the current page belongs to a taxonomy that is on that menu, it will inherit the taxonomy page's menu breadcrumbs (e.g., for blog entries that aren't on any menu).
- Other breadcrumb builders (e.g., the path & title-based Drupal 8 default breadcrumb builder) will be used if there is no applicable menu based breadcrumb.
Under active development in Drupal 8 (open issues); maintenance fixes only in Drupal 7.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, SEO, Site Navigation, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 36,774 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 363,793
- Last modified: October 17, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.