The magic forms module supplies several FAPI tweeks allowing for easier customization of forms.
Custom error handling
- Grouped error messages (multiple errors per field).
- Grouped error messages anchored to the respective fields.
- Field errors - Place the error in the field wrapper.
- Field error wrapper - Place a error wrapper around the field with a custom css class.
- Skip form validation - Can set which fields (cancel, delete, etc) which should not validate the form, allowing a node to be deleted without it needed to validate.
- Field validation callbacks with custom error messages.
- URL validation - valid url, scheme and domain.
- Email validation - valid email and domain.
- Custom validators supplied via hooks.
- Placeholder - with jQuery compatibility if the browser does not support it.
- HTML5 fields - email, url and number.
The configuration can be applied to the form using FAPI (hook_form, hook_form_alter) or using the UI.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Utility
- Reported installs: 5 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 755
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.