This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Note: As of 2010/06/24, this module appears to no longer be supported. If you are interested in taking this module over, or you as the module maintainer feel this message has been posted in error, please reply to .
Local Email is currently developed and maintained by developers at Ebizon Technologies (www.ebizontek.com). Local Email is precisely a short name for: "No Email Registration with Security Question". It allows users to log in with out an external email address. This module also lets the users be asked security questions during registration like:
1) What is the name of your favorite pet?
2) In what city where you born?
3) What is your mother's maiden name?
4) What is your favorite movie?
These questions are configurable and can be changed from admin settings.
The module has the following features:
- When enabled removes email fields from new user registration and my account pages for non-admins
- Can automatically assign an email address of the form username@domain.
- Allows you to set the domain used in the administration interface.
- Optionally, allows you to not store any email information at all.
- Allows you to use a security question to allow users to reset their forgotten password.
- Security questions can be edited through the admin interface.
- When security questions are enabled it replaces the user/password reset form with
One advantage of this module is that no "identifying information" is collected. This MAY help you avoid complications with the FCC when dealing with users who are under 13 years old.
Developed and Maintained
Drupal Based Web Development,Theming And Consulting
This module was originally written by jcoffland (http://drupal.org/user/177094). Thanks to him for the start on this idea.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Administration, Security, User Access & Authentication, User Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 12 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,275
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.