This module allows an administrator to put selected computers into "Kiosk Mode".
"Kiosk mode" simply means that a given computer will have an extra flag set for template files, which allows a themer to exclude certain page elements, such as off-site navigation.
A computer may be put into "Kiosk mode" in two ways. First, an IP address can be set to always go into Kiosk mode. Secondly, a given computer can have a cookie set by the administrator that will persist for one year or until cookies are cleared. Either has the same effect.
Note that this module is not compatible with aggressive page caching, as it needs to maintain a separate kiosk page cache table. That page cache will be cleared on cron, regardless of whether the main page cache has been cleared or not. That may result in a delay before updates appear on kiosk computers.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 6 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,202
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.