The jquery_plugin module provides miscellaneous jQuery plugins, which can be loaded from any module or theme by calling
jquery_plugin_add($plugin) in Drupal 6 or
drupal_add_library('jquery_plugin', $plugin) in Drupal 7. The Drupal 6 version supports jQ, a jQuery plugin registry.
Currently bundled plugins (for Drupal 7) include:
- Date input
- Flash embed
- Range input
Other GPL-licensed plugins could be added by submitting a feature request.
More information about jQuery plugins can be found at http://plugins.jquery.com/.
The goal of this project is to reduce the overhead of developers and site maintainers in keeping their jQuery plugins up-to-date and compatible with a given version of Drupal core. It is increasingly common for multiple Drupal modules and themes to require (or optionally use) the same jQuery plugin. So it can make sense for these components to have a dependency on one tiny module which provides the plugin. There would also be overhead (in CVS maintenance, PHP code, etc.) in having a Drupal module for each plugin, so this project bundles multiple plugins in one module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 30,411 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 194,999
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.