jQuery Impromptu is an extension designed to help provide a more pleasant way to spontaneously prompt a user for input. More or less this is a great replacement for an alert, prompt, and confirm. Not only does it replace these but it also allows for creating forms within these controls. This is not intended to be a modal replacement, just a quick tool to prompt user input in a fashionable way.
This module simply places jQuery Impromptu in a central location with one command that can be called from any module that wants to use the library.
A module should simply call:
jquery_impromptu_add(); // css and js
- For Drupal 5.x:jQuery Update (jquery_update.module)
- For all Drupal versions: The JQuery Impromptu library is released under the Apache 2.0 License, which is
GNU/GPL version 3 compatible, but not version 2 compatible. So, it must be
downloaded separately from the author's website:
Save the library in the jquery_impromptu folder as jquery_impromptu.js.
Important Upgrade Instructions from 5.0->5.1 or 6.0->6.1
When upgrading from 5.0->5.1 or 6.0->6.1, you will need to uninstall the JQuery Impromptu module, delete the JQuery Impromptu folder, and then untar the module file. Download the JQuery Impromptu script from the author's website, http://trentrichardson.com/Impromptu/index.php, and save it as jquery_impromptu.js. Without doing this, the module will not work.
Sponsored by Smullin Design.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Utility
- Reported installs: 139 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,931
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.