Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Jackson Theme is a professionally designed, well-organized, free Drupal theme. The Drupal7 version is a base theme. The Drupal6 version is a sub-theme of the NineSixty (960) Theme. Jackson's clean layout and light weight code make it a great theme for small or medium-sized business to get up and running quickly.
Theme features include:
- Very clean, professional design
- 1, 2 or 3 column layout with column detection that changes side column widths based on the number of columns a user chooses.
- Tableless design for SEO
- 15 collapsible block regions
- Optional - Superfish drop-down menu (2, 3 or more nested levels)
- Built-in Slideshow region
- Built-in IE transparent PNG fix
- Primary links and secondary links
- Supports custom logo and favicon
- Support features like site name, slogan
- Custom login and logout
- Heading optimization for SEO
jQuery for Superfish and pngFix (optional):
In order to use the styles created for the Superfish drop-down menus and to fix the IE6 transparent png issue, you will need to download the following files and add them to the Jackson > scripts folder which you will need to create. Please note primary links can be created and are styled to work without drop-down navigation. The following scripts are to be added only if you would like to use drop-down navigation on your website, or if you would like transparent images to display correctly for IE6.
Installation instructions for D7:
The Drupal 7 theme is a base theme and does not require NineSixty (960) to work.. Simply install and enable the theme to get up and running quickly.
Installation instructions for D6:
To use the Jackson Theme you must first download and install the NineSixty (960) Theme.
How to setup the Superfish menu for D6
Here are the steps to enable the superfish menu. For example we will create a menu of services.
- Go to Administer > Menus > Primary links > Add item
- We fill "Path" with "all-services-url", "Menu link title" with "All Services", and "Descriptions" with "All services".
- Check the "Expanded" checkbox, for parent item we choose "Primary links", and "Save"
- Now creating the submenu. Go again to Administer > Menus > Primary links > Add item
- We fill "Path" with "services-1-url", "Menu link title" with "Service 1", and "Descriptions" with "Service 1"
- For parent item we choose "All Services", and "Save"
- Go to Administer > Blocks. Place the Primary links block in the Superfish menu region, and "Save blocks"
- Go to Administer > Site building > Themes > Configure > Jackson (admin/build/themes/settings/jackson). Uncheck the Primary links, "Save configuration".
This module is sponsored and developed by LevelTen Interactive. LevelTen is a full service interactive agency focused on building online brands by integrating digital strategy, Drupal development and internet marketing. Feel free to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook
If you would like to learn how to build smarter marketing websites with Drupal, checkout the Drupal Site Success! ebook
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: No further development
- Reported installs: 1,804 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 66,815
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.