Who should use this module
Drupal websites/communities that need to allow users registered in IPB to login in Drupal. The registration process and user management will still be handled by IP.Board.
How does it work
When a user wants to login using the standard Drupal login block/page, the system will first check for the provided username in the standard Drupal user table. If a match is found, the standars validation/authentication will be made. If the user is not found, the system will also check IP.Board for a matching member. If one is found, it will be automatically logged in in Drupal.
- if a user exists in IPB but not in Drupal, the user will be able to login on both systems
- If a user exists in Drupal but not in IPB, that user WILL NOT be available in IPB
Add the IPB database in your settings.php (there is an example in readme.txt), enable the module and forget about it. For now there is no config page in Drupal, but depending on the direction this module will take, a config page will probably be present at some point
You can also join IPB integration group on Drupal.org.
This project is sponsored by http://webdots.ro
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 10 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,326
- Last modified: October 9, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.