This project has one goal. To bring a standardized, Open Source GPL front end media solution to Drupal core. This project is completely open and has no other intentions other than to provide a standard front end media solution that will benefit the entire Drupal community, so therefore, whoever would like to help in this initiative is welcome to contribute!
This project has the following initiatives.
Add HTML5 multimedia support for both the video and audio HTML5 elements.- Finished 6/27/11 Build an extensible media player framework that easily allows other modules to provide plugins to support additional front end multimedia capabilities, such as Flash Fallback and YouTube API integration.- Finished 10/6/2011 Utilize the standard Drupal template system to provide the front end presentation of your media. Eventually, a media player template could be included in each Drupal template to be used for media display.- Finished 10/6/2011
- Provide tight integration into other HTML5 initiatives.
To read more about this, please go to the following links.
If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact the maintainers of this module, or become involved in the HTML5 groups at http://groups.drupal.org/html5.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 3,362 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 24,275
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.