Hotfolder is designed to assist an installation with automated data processing. It monitors a folder on the server during cron, matching any new files found in that folder to matching configurations, and queues the files to be processed according to the configured settings.
Hotfolder only provides the monitoring system and an API with which to create processes customized for your needs. An example module example_hotfolder has been provided to get you started with your own development. Note: A hotfolder system is not a turn-key simple sort of thing, expect to put some development time into this level of automation.
With hotfolder you could use a FTP drop off to drive data into your website, manipulate files, or automate just about any process not already handled by a specific module. Always test automated processes before putting them live.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, File Management, Import/Export, Utility
- Reported installs: 12 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,973
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.