GVS module was built as Views 2 style plug-in. It uses Google Visualization API to display different types of charts. Pie, Bar, Column, Area, Line, Gauge, GeoMap, IntensityMap, MotionChart, Treemap, Annotated Time Line and Scatter plot are supported at the moment. In views style setting users can choose the fields (data), chart type and some options that they want to be displayed.
This module is part of a package of modules being developed by Jefferson Institute. These modules are meant to serve as tools for data visualization:
- Timelinemap - It allows you to load one or more data sets onto both a map and a timeline simultaneously. Only items in the visible range of the timeline are displayed on the map. Timeline Map displays data represented in the timeline as markers on Google map.
- KML content type - Users can attach .kml files to a node (with upload module), which in turn is displayed through the Google Earth API. If a user attaches several .kml files it is possible to choose between them via a drop-down box.
- TagMap - Display a geo-coded tag cloud over Google Map. Taxonomy terms or imported external data can be displayed.
- Importer - Imports data in the database, handles batch upload of .zip files and connection of those files to the appropriate data in the created table.
- Vidi - Vidi module serves as a guide to choose adequate visualizations from Timeline, Tagmap and GVS modules for specific data, i.e. wizard with visualizations preview.