Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Gradebook is targeted to become a solid and flexible gradebook module that will become the basis for Drupal based LMS (Learning Management Systems). This package leverages Drupal's core taxonomy module to define gradebooks and gradebook categories (exam, homework, quizzes, tests, etc.). Any Drupal content type can be used to provide assignments under these gradebook categories. Grades are tabulated and presented on gradebook pages so teachers can see all the students in the gradebook, but students can only access their own grades.
The D7 version of Gradebook 2.0 (7.x-2.x-dev) is currently being ported and is only partially functional . At present gradebookapi, gradebook and gradebook_scales modules should install and work correctly.
Gradebook 2.0 (6.x-2.x-dev) is under active development. Please test the 6.x-2.x-dev (most up to date) or beta releases and provide feedback in the issue queue. If you would like to help in the development of this package, pick one of the many feature requests or tasks (or add your own) and contribute by submitting patches, helping to improve the Documentation, etc.
Description of Gradebook modules
There are several modules in the gradebook package:
- GradebookAPI provides a basic API for building a gradebook user interface. Required
- Gradebook is the basic user interface for students, teachers and gradebook administrators. Required
- Gradebook Attachments provides a way for teachers and students to attach files to the gradebook. Using this feature, students can turn in assignments and teachers can provide feedback explaining the grade (as in a grading rubric form). Optional
- Gradebook Responses With this module, teachers can designate Drupal content types that students can use to respond to published assignments. When editing the response, students indicate the status of the response (completed or in progress). This status will change to graded or redo once the teacher assigns a grade. Optional
- Gradebook Attendance adds an attendance page to the gradebook. Teachers can take daily attendance, marking students present, absent or tardy. Attendance assignments can also be created to assign a grade based on attendance over a specified period of time. Optional
- Gradebook Roster allows the teacher to change the display name for individual students in the gradebook and customize the roster by including or excluding specific users in the gradebook. A course can also be divided in sections using this module (This feature is under development and will soon be added to the Gradebook Roster submodule). Optional
- Gradebook Scales and Weights permits teachers to create customized grading scales, translating points into marks (letter grades, pass-fail, etc.) Gradebook categories can also be weighted to provide a fixed percentage of the course grade. Optional
Read the Documentation for additional details on these submodules and instructions for installing and configuring Gradebook.
Integration with other modules
- Organic Groups and the OG Gradebook module provides a gradebook for each group. The group members are given the gradebook role of student and managers have the role of teacher.
- Views - provide customized views of gradebook information.
- Rules - define actions based on gradebook events.
- Quiz - grades are automatically transferred into the gradebook.
- Gradebooks can be exported to spreadsheet or text files.
- Gradebook provides default blocks - Gradebook Legend, showing the background colors and text attributes used on the gradebook grade page, and My Assignments, listing all of a students current assignments for each gradebook (course).
- Gradebook and its submodules define themable functions that can be customized as desired.
- Gradebook and its submodules use default css stylesheets to control the page presentation. These default styles can be modified by the theme to customize the appearance of the gradebook.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 31 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 10,996
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.