Everyone loves the gmail and facebook inline chat modules. This chat module enables you to seamlessly integrate Gmail/Facebook style chat into your existing website.
- Gmail style bottom right display of chat boxes
- Rich Ajax Interface
- Avatar / Picture Support
- Keeps chat boxes open and stores state (data) even when pages are browsed/refreshed similar to Facebook
- Displays “Sent at…” after 3 minutes of inactivity
- Displays “X says…” & blinks chat boxes when window is not in focus
- If chat window is minimized, it displays if new message arrived
- Minimize and close chat boxes
- Auto-resize of text input box
- Auto-scrolling of chat text
- Auto-back-off polling policy (hits the server less-often when chat activity is low)
- Supports emoticons(detects them automatically in chat messages)
- Extremely simple to integrate into existing site
- Provides notification sound when a new chat message is received
- Multiple skin support
- Turn urls and email into links automatically
Optional support with following module
- Flag Friend
- User Relationship
- Private Message (send offline chat message as private message when next cron run, if this module exists)
This chat module is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. Please use latest browser versions to avoid any issue.
If you are interested in helping with @Google Chat, here are some good ways to get started:
- Spread the word. Too many people don't realize what we can do with Google Chat in Drupal. Share with your local community.
- Become a co-maintainer. While @google-chat is actively maintained, it would be great to have more people involved, especially people with a demonstrated ability to do some of the above.
If you are reporting an issue please make sure to give as much information as possible so I can re-produce the issue.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 145 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 23,748
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 19, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.