Migrate to Location Map module for Drupal 7
The successor to this module is the Location Map module, which provides this functionality for Drupal 7. Due to confusion with the GMap module which has a submodule called "GMap Location", it was decided to continue the current code path in a new and more accurately-named project. The Location Map module provides an upgrade path for map configuration, role permissions, and URL aliases associated with gmaplocation, so the upgrade should be seamless. Please ensure you do not "uninstall" gmaplocation prior to this upgrade, however, as that would result in a loss of configuration information.
Google Maps location module for Drupal 6
This simple Drupal module displays just one geographical location via Google Maps, for brochure and company profile web sites.
- create a Google Maps page with a marker on your location based on an address you supply. The map provides options for map view, satellite view, and a hybrid mode. It has the standard Google Maps features that users can zoom and drag to temporarily change the focus of the map. The size of the map can be configured in the admin interface. A node is created for this map at /gmaplocation, which can be aliased to any address you choose.
- allow anyone given administrative approval for the module to drag-and-drop the map location marker for fine-tuning its position, when automatic geolocating from address information was not accurate.
- create a block with a static image of the centre of your map, which links to the larger map.
The 6.x-1.0 version has feature parity with the previous 5.x branch. The 6.x-2.x branch had a series of improvements and updates, and all Drupal 6 users should upgrade to the 6.x-2.x version. The future is Drupal 7, and the successor to this module in Drupal 7 is the Location Map module. New features will only be accepted if they are provided for Location Map module first. I am happy to accept patches to backport these new features to gmaplocation for Drupal 6 subsequently but I will not be doing this myself. With the release of Drupal 7, the Drupal 5 branch of this module is no longer supported.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Location
- Reported installs: 381 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 20,512
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.