This module was written against an older version of the GMap module, and a development version of the Geo module. If you would like to use this code, it will require some heavy lifting. If you are interested in taking over this project, let me know.
Gmap_geo provides a Google Map location picker widget for Geo point fields and a Google Maps-based output formatter for point, line, and polygon fields.
HOWEVER: Gmap_geo was written for an earlier iteration of the Geo module. It has not been updated to use recent Geo API changes. If you are interested in maintaining or helping to maintain this module, please contact bec.
Gmap_geo adds functionality to Geo CCK fields, so to use its functionality you will edit a content type.
- When adding a "Geospatial data" CCK field to a node type, among the widget options you will now see "GMap picker" along with the default "Direct Text Entry" and "Latitude / Longitude".
- In the "Display fields" tab you see when editing a content type, fields of type "Geospatial data" and "Geospatial data reference" will have an additional "GMap" formatter available. For fields that use the GMap picker widget for data entry, this map will be formatted according to the macro in the field settings; otherwise, it will use GMap's default settings. The map will autozoom to show all the points (if the field has multiple points), but there is currently no autozoom for shapes and lines.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Location
- Downloads: 2,435
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.