This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
BETA WARNING: This software is currently in beta, please do not use it on a production site.
Integrates the Google Maps API V3 with Drupal, making it incredibly easy to add a map to your site. The module provides the following features:
If anyone has a suitable alternative for the "red-nose" point marker that I'm currently using, then please can you add it to an issue for this project. I hope to enable selection of different markers soon.
- Polygon: A field that allows a user to associate a polygon with an entity. The field allows the addition of multiple polygons to a single map.
- Polyline: Almost identical to the Polygon field, but the line is not filled, and does not need to be closed.
- Point: A latitude/longitude pair represented on a map as a single marker. The map is capable of displaying very large numbers of points as it automatically uses a "clusterer".
- Rectangle: A Polygon with four parallel sides, entered on the map by clicking the top left (or bottom right) point of the rectangle, followed by the bottom right (or top left).
- Region: Using the TDWG Region standard it is possible to highlight different regions on the map. This is done by selecting the level required (Continent, Sub-Continent, Country, Sub-Country) and then clicking on the map. This field is included in the gm3_region module.
- Entity view: Combines all map fields in an entity onto one map.
- Field view: Displays the data entered for a single field on a single map.
- Text view: Displays the data entered into a field as text. Polygons and polylines are displayed as WKT, Regions as the combined region ID (this will possibly change), and Points as their Latitude/Longitude.
The module will integrate with the views module, providing a method of integrating many entities onto a single map. This feature is not yet finished, but should be finished soon.
The module is currently only dependent on Drupal core modules. This should hopefully not change in the future.
The module is dependent though on the geoPHP library. This should be downloaded and installed in the gm3 module folder, or if the Libraries module is installed, in any path that the Libraries module can find.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Fields, Location, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 1,205 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,802
- Last modified: April 13, 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.