Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The getID3() Drupal module facilitates the installation and management of the getID3() PHP library, used to extract useful information from MP3s and other multimedia file formats.
This API module is used by other modules to ensure that getID3() is correctly installed. Developers who need the getID3() functionality can make this a dependency by their module, and then call the
getid3_load() function to properly use the getID3() library without having to worry about whether it's installed or not.
Drupal 6 Installation
drush en getid3
Or do it manually:
- Place the entire getid3 directory into your modules directory (sites/all/modules is the usual location).
- Create a new folder for the getID3 library at:
cd YOUR-DRUPAL-ROOT mkdir -p sites/all/libraries/getid3
- Go to http://www.getid3.org/ and download the latest stable version (currently 1.7.9) into the new directory:
cd sites/all/libraries/getid3 wget "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/getid3/getID3%28%29%201.x/1.7.9/getid3-1.7.9.zip"
- Unzip the contents of the zip file into sites/all/modules/getid3/ so that write.php is located in sites/all/libraries/getid3/getid3/:
- Delete the demos directory:
rm -r demos/
- Go to Administer > Site building > Modules and enable the GetID3 module.
- Go to Administer > Settings > getID3. If you see the version you just downloaded, the module is installed correctly.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer, Media, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 9,901 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 181,104
- Last modified: April 29, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.