This module allows setting a node as frontpage for anonymous and authenticated users. Users can be allowed to set the frontpage by setting the appropriate permissions.
Once the module is enabled
two new links will appear at the end of the node body (Set as anonymous frontpage, and Set as authenticated frontpage) for any content type that has been enabled, and for the users with the right permission;
- Two new node operations will appear at admin/content (Set as anonymous frontpage, and Set as authenticated frontpage) for any user with the right permission.
Only users with the edit frontpage permission, or the bypass node access permission can edit the node that as been set as authenticated (anonymous) frontpage.
- Only users with the set frontpage permission, or the bypass node access permission can set the frontpage for the authenticated (anonymous) users.
Although there are modules with similar purposes, this one differs in that:
It is possible to set a different frontpage for anonymous, and authenticated users. The module doesn't permit selection of a different frontpage for users with different roles.
The content of the frontpage is taken from the content of two nodes (one for the anonymous user, and one for the authenticated users), which are rendered using the same function as Drupal to render the nodes on full page. This means that the content of the frontpage is rendered using the input formats defined by Drupal, taking advantage of various input filters implemented by third-party modules.
Only users with the edit frontpage permission can edit the node that has been set as frontpage; this restriction is not valid for users with the bypass node access permission.
Third-party modules are allowed to alter the rendering array used for the frontpage (when a frontpage has been set), or to alter the URL to which the user is redirected (in the case the frontpage node has not been set, or there are problems loading the frontpage node).
The module implements also a specific hook for this purpose (
By default, the frontpage is rendered using the same theme as the other nodes.
Third-party modules are allowed to alter the way the frontpage node is rendered.
Updating from a different release of the development snapshot is not supported. To install a newer development snapshot, you always need to uninstall the previous version before copying the new one.
Development snapshots are intended for testing only. Don't use them in a production site, or for other purposes. If used in a production site, or for other purposes, there will be no support for any resulting problems.
The module requires Variables API, which needs to be installed before this module, or the installation of Frontpage will fail. Version 7.x-1.0-alpha4 and forward will require Variable APi version 7.x-2.0-alpha8, or any more recent version.
- This module will only developed for Drupal 7 or higher. There will not be a version for Drupal 6.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Content Access Control, Content Display, Utility
- Reported installs: 158 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 7,497
- Last modified: December 30, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.