Friendlist is a foundation needed to build a social network-oriented website with Drupal 6.
At the very basic level, it provides the ability to create custom relationships between users. It's a feature-rich suite of modules that features integration plugins with a list of major Drupal modules (see below). Admins can create relationship types. Both single (think: a fan) and two-way relationships (e.g. a friend) are allowed.
ATTENTION: If you enable Friendlist_Rules make sure that you use the latest DEV Snapshot releases of both Token and Rules modules (not: the stable ones) or the module won't work and will throw errors!
Just moved to new location, so under development: FriendList Docs
- Integration with Views
- Integration with Rules
- Integration with HeartBeat
- Integration with CCK Field Privacy
- Integration with Popups 1.3.x
- Integration with Node Access
- Buddylist and Buddylist2 migration assistant.
- User Relationships migration assistant.
- Configurable set of relationships. One-way relationships, two-way relationships with confirmation, two-way relationships without confirmation (using Rules)
- Working user interface, out of the box, with configurable system messages [using t() function]
- Complete user and developer documentation.
- Sample code snippets for people who want more low-level access than using Views.
- Batch relationship-management UI for admins
- Integration with Facebook-Like Statuses module
- PrivateMsg Integration
Friendlist is based on a clear, well defined API which works separately and independently of any module. The API is simplified, and it exposes functions focused on managing those relationships (the main ones: add relationship, delete relationship, check a relationship's status, and see a status's available options). The API's simplicity is a design decision, and it's what makes this module particularly powerful and bug-free.
Original module authors went extra mile to religiously document the code and make it very readable, so feel free to peek under the hood.
* The current DEV snapshot of Token (If using the Friendlist Rules module)
* The latest DEV snapshot of Rules (if using the Friendlist Rules module)
* The latest release version of Views (If using the Views module, which is _really_ important)
* (OPTIONAL) The latest 1.x version of Popups
Note: This module only exists for Drupal 6. There is no plan on back porting it to Drupal 5.
For a list of upcoming features, check out: http://drupal.org/project/issues/friendlist
Original Author: Tony Mobily
* Irakli Nadareishvili (Current maintainer)
* Marius Ooms (Default views and rules, module documentation)
* Tony Mobily (Original developer, still helping out!)
Other modules, aiming at the same goal, available in Drupal 6 right now are:
(Note: Buddylist2's main page recommends FriendList as an upgrade path for Drupal 6)
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Community, Content Display, Rules, User Management, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 57 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 18,130
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.