Too many times the permissions page will take too long to load and sometimes it completely times out. The more content-types and/or modules you add the longer the page takes to load, 800+ rows with 5-10 roles means a lot of processing.
This module attempts to solve the issue by providing only a list of modules and a configuration link. When the configuration link is clicked only that modules permissions per role are displayed.
Download and extract the module as usual to sites/all/modules
Once you enable it you will see another tab on the admin/people page named 'Faster Permissions'
*Note: I choose not to override alter the admin/people/permissions menu item in this release. Once all implications of an alter like that have been reviewed, I will implement the change.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 297 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,483
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.