Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Enables the presentation of user registration, site wide contact, or node creation forms in blocks. This is particularly useful for including forms on panels.
Drupal 8 instructions
To enable form blocks in Drupal 8:
- Go to the 'Block layout' page under Manage -> Structure -> Block Layout
- Click the 'Place block' button for the region you want to place your form block in
- In the popup select the block type for the form you want to place
- Select 'Content form' for node forms (you can select node type in the next step)
- Select 'Site-wide contact form' for the side wide contact form (you can select category in next step)
- Select 'Request new password form' for the password reset form
- Select 'User registration form' for the user registration form
- Click 'Place block' next to the corresponding type
- Configure the title, and visibility options for your form block and click 'Save block'
Note: All form blocks will always respect the permissions for the object they represent, i.e. you must allow new user registration for the user registration form to be displayed, node forms only show up for users with permission to create nodes of that types, etc.
Drupal 7 instructions
To enable a node add form for a specific content type:
- Go to the admininstration page of the content type from which the 'add' form should be made available as a block.
- Go to the 'Form block' section.
- Check the box " Enable data entry from a block" as it says in the description this will 'make the entry form for this content type available as a block.'
- Choose whether you want to ' Show submission guidelines' and save.
- Visit the block administration page to enable and configure the block containing the form.
- Note that only users with permission to create the given content type will see the block. Adjust user permissions accordingly.
To enable a block for user registration or change of password:
- Visit the block administration page to enable and configure the block containing the form. Forms are named: "User registration form" and "Request new password form".
- Note that the user registration form will appear only to non-logged in users and only if the site is configured to allow user registration and that the change password form will appear only to logged in users and only if the user has the permission to change password. Adjust settings accordingly.
To enable a site-wide contact block:
- Enable the Contact module.
- Visit the block administration page to enable and configure the block containing the "Site-wide contact form".
- Note that the form will appear only to users with the permission to use the site-wide contact form. Adjust permissions accordingly.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 21,054 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 80,485
- Last modified: August 17, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!