Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The formatter field module provides a mechanism for specifying a formatter and formatter settings to be used for displaying a field, on a per-entity basis. By default, Drupal provides formatters and settings per entity bundle, but in certain situations it is necessary to choose the formatter at the entity level.
For example, say you have a page node with an image field. Normally, you would select an image style as the formatter, and all page nodes would use that same image style. With this module, you can add a formatter field to page nodes, which is hooked up to the image field. Then when the node is created or edited, the image style can be selected per-node.
- Add the field that will be dynamically formatted as usual.
- Add a formatter field to the entity bundle, just as you would with any other field.
- In the field instance settings, choose the field that will be formatted by this field.
- In the bundle display settings, select Formatter from field as the formatter for the field to be formatter. In the formatter settings, choose the correct formatter field.
- Formatter Field Preset -- Adds a user-friendly widget for the formatter field so that site builders are able maintain a per-field list of presets. For each preset a nice title can be entered (e.g. 'Left-top photo with wrapping text') making simple for non-technical users to decide how to display the field when adding content.
- [D6, Sandbox] Renderer per node -- A similar module for Drupal 6.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 1,488 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,301
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.