This module provides a way to autosave data entered in any Drupal form without actually submitting the form, which helps if the user is writing an article or a comment and the browser crashed or the power went down, or even if the window was closed accidently.
It works using the jQuery Sisyphus plugin, which is a lightweight jQuery plugin that uses Local Storage to save form fields every specific time span that is configurable from the module settings page.
- Install the other modules that this one depends upon. Follow these contrib module installation instructions if you’re new to this kind of thing: https://drupal.org/documentation/install/modules-themes/modules-7
- First, make sure that the sites/all/libraries directory exists.
- Download the two JS libraries to the sites/all/libraries directory:
- Extract both zip files.
- Rename both directories to remove -master. The directories should be called sisyphus and jStorage.
- Enable the Save Form State module from the Modules list, at admin/modules
- Configure jQuery Update to use version 1.7 or above. The configuration can be found at admin/config/development/jquery_update.
- Configure the Save Form State module options at admin/config/content/formsavestate.
- Navigate to the forms you choose in the previous step and enjoy the safety of your data.
Sisyphus does not work with CKEditor out of the box, but there is a fork available that does support CKEditor. Install this module normally following the instructions above, but instead of getting the Sisyphus library from compujohnny/sisyphus on github in step 2 above, download this version: https://github.com/TommiGustafsson/sisyphus/archive/master.zip
If you have already installed this module and want to add CKEditor support, simply download that fork of Sisyphus and replace the existing sites/all/libraries/sisyphus directory with that version.
Install module in common way. External libraries are temporary included into the module. To configure the Save Form State module visit /admin/config/user-interface/form-save-state.
- Manage external js libraries with drupal library api. Remove them from this module.
- Implement time interval for form state save.
- Remove ckeditor from dependencies.
- Add support for different wysiwyg editors.
This module was developed and sponsored by JesoX
D8 port by Adyax
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 94 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,166
- Last modified: November 29, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.