Issue with Fields and alpha 2
Please upgrade to FlexSlider alpha 3 to fix FlexSlider Fields issues.
Flex Slider module integrates the Flex Slider library with Drupal and several contributed modules which allows you to build responsive, resizable slideshows. Meaning the slideshows automatically adapt to the size of the browser window or device.
Some features of FlexSlider slideshows include:
- Touch enabled nagivation
- Keyboard navigation
- Configurable slide animations
- Multiple sliders per page
- Lots more...
Allows you to use Flex Slider in a few different ways
- As a library to be used with any other theme or module by calling drupal_add_library('flexslider', 'flexslider') or preferably with libraries_load('flexslider') or with flexslider_add()
- Integrates with Fields (flexslider_fields)
- Integrates with Views using a style plugin (flexslider_views)
FlexSlider Video Tutorials
We'll be posting a series of videos on using FlexSlider to our YouTube playlist. If you have a suggestion for a video, post it to thecomment thread.
We've included a set of example configurations in the FlexSlider Examples module. You'll find configurations for:
- Using Fields and Views with FlexSlider
- Using carousels
- Using carousel sliders as navigation for other sliders
- Using captions
We'll be adding to the list of examples as well so be sure to check out the module for updates.
API changes looming for 2.x
FlexSlider Views Slidshow now a separate module
We'll move all the issues for Views Slideshow to that module since the Views Slideshow integration is very specific compared to the Views and Fields integration.
- Download the FlexSlider library from https://github.com/woothemes/FlexSlider
- Unzip the file and rename the folder to "flexslider" (pay attention to the case of the letters)
- Put the folder in a libraries directory
- Ex: sites/all/libraries
- Ensure you have a valid path similar to this one for all files
- Ex: sites/all/libraries/flexslider/jquery.flexslider-min.js
Alpha release now available
The alpha release is now available. Should be relatively stable to use. Mostly it's not 100% API/feature complete but it has all the core functionality available.
Examples in the wild
If you've setup FlexSlider on your site let us know and we'll share it here:
Tutorials for v1
For the most part upgrading from v1 to v2 should work with regards to your FlexSlider settings migrating properly. New options/defaults may affect your slideshows so please verify them before upgrading your production sites.
Library available at https://github.com/woothemes/FlexSlider
- Simple, semantic markup
- Supported in all major browsers
- Horizontal/vertical slide and fade animations
- Multiple slider support, Callback API, and more
- Hardware accelerated touch swipe support
- Custom navigation options
- Use any html elements in the slides
- Built for beginners and pros, alike
- Free to use under the MIT license
Professional Support for FlexSlider
For extended support you can request a quote at http://coldfrontlabs.ca/contact. Be sure to select "Support" as the subject.
Sponsored by Coldfront Labs Inc.
Co-Creator/Maintainer Mathew Winstone (minorOffense)
Original fields functionality provided by jepedo
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 101,628 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 382,132
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: April 14, 2015