This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Flex Slider module integrates the Flex Slider library with Drupal and several contributed modules which allows you to build responsive, resizable slideshows. Meaning the slideshows automatically adapt to the size of the browser window or device.
Some features of FlexSlider slideshows include:
- Touch enabled nagivation
- Keyboard navigation
- Configurable slide animations
- Multiple sliders per page
- Lots more...
Allows you to use Flex Slider in a few different ways
- As a library to be used with any other theme or module by calling drupal_add_library('flexslider', 'flexslider') or preferably with libraries_load('flexslider') or with flexslider_add()
- Integrates with Fields (flexslider_fields)
- Integrates with Views using a style plugin (flexslider_views)
Drupal 8 version now in beta!
Inching closer to a final release, the D8 version is ready for beta testing. Major changes will be done in later releases.
FlexSlider Video Tutorials
We'll be posting a series of videos on using FlexSlider to our YouTube playlist. If you have a suggestion for a video, post it to thecomment thread.
We've included a set of example configurations in the FlexSlider Examples module. You'll find configurations for:
- Using Fields and Views with FlexSlider
- Using carousels
- Using carousel sliders as navigation for other sliders
- Using captions
We'll be adding to the list of examples as well so be sure to check out the module for updates.
API changes looming for 2.x
FlexSlider Views Slidshow now a separate module
We'll move all the issues for Views Slideshow to that module since the Views Slideshow integration is very specific compared to the Views and Fields integration.
- Download the FlexSlider library from https://github.com/woothemes/FlexSlider
- Unzip the file and rename the folder to "flexslider" (pay attention to the case of the letters)
- Put the folder in a libraries directory
- Ex: sites/all/libraries
- Ensure you have a valid path similar to this one for all files
- Ex: sites/all/libraries/flexslider/jquery.flexslider-min.js
Tutorials for v1
For the most part upgrading from v1 to v2 should work with regards to your FlexSlider settings migrating properly. New options/defaults may affect your slideshows so please verify them before upgrading your production sites.
Library available at https://github.com/woothemes/FlexSlider
- Simple, semantic markup
- Supported in all major browsers
- Horizontal/vertical slide and fade animations
- Multiple slider support, Callback API, and more
- Hardware accelerated touch swipe support
- Custom navigation options
- Use any html elements in the slides
- Built for beginners and pros, alike
- Free to use under the MIT license
Sponsored by Chisholm Technologies Inc.
Sponsored by Coldfront Labs Inc.
Co-Creator/Maintainer Mathew Winstone (minorOffense)
Original fields functionality provided by jepedo
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 118,562 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 552,979
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 12 April 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.