The Fivestar voting module adds a clean, attractive voting widget to nodes and comments and any entity. It features:
- jQuery rollover effects and AJAX no-reload voting
- Configurable star sets
- Support for anonymous voters
- Spam protection to keep users from filling your DB with bogus votes
- Easy-to-use integration with Views module for lists sorted by rating, or filtered by min/max ratings
- A Fivestar CCK field for use in custom node types
- An easy-to-use Form API element type for use in other modules
- Compatible with all versions of jQuery (1.0 - 1.8)
This module is dependent on the Voting API. Voting API provides database storage of votes, as well as Views integration. You'll need to download Voting API, and Views is highly suggested if you want to create pages of results or use ratings to sort content.
Designed by Nate Haug and Jeff Eaton. The initial Drupal 7 version was maintained by Eric Duran.
Fivestar for Drupal 7 and 8
Fivestar currently works best with the latest stable release of Drupal 7. The Drupal 7 version of Fivestar is actively maintained, and will be until the Drupal 9 version is released. Please make sure you are running the latest copy of Drupal 7 before using Fivestar.
The port to Drupal 8 will start once a new co-maintainer can be recruited.
***** If you are updating from a version earlier than "fivestar 7.x-2.0-rc1", to that version or any later version (including both "fivestar 7.x-2.1" and "fivestar 7.x-2.x-dev") you MUST run the database update update script, ensuring that 7206, 7207, and 7208 are run *****
Fivestar for Drupal 6
Drupal 6 is now end of life, and is no longer supported. So Drupal 6 issues for Fivestar are being closed as "Closed (won't fix)". However, we don't want users who are porting from Drupal 6 to 7 to feel unwanted, so if you have any migration issues, please open them as Drupal 7 issues.
After a long gap to concentrate on my day job, I've returned to work on Fivestar. The problem is that there are many open issues and fixing them all would probably take a couple of years! So, if you'd like me to look at any particular open issue, please add a new comment to it saying something like "Still need a fix for this". Thanks. whiteph
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Evaluation/Rating
- Reported installs: 52,721 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 610,502
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: April 21, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.