The Fivestar voting module adds a clean, attractive voting widget to nodes and comments and any entity. It features:
- jQuery rollover effects and AJAX no-reload voting
- Configurable star sets
- Support for anonymous voters
- Spam protection to keep users from filling your DB with bogus votes
- Easy-to-use integration with Views module for lists sorted by rating, or filtered by min/max ratings
- A Fivestar CCK field for use in custom node types
- An easy-to-use Form API element type for use in other modules
- Compatible with all versions of jQuery (1.0 - 1.8)
This module is dependent on the Voting API. Voting API provides database storage of votes, as well as Views integration. You'll need to download Voting API, and Views is highly suggested if you want to create pages of results or use ratings to sort content.
Designed by Nate Haug and Jeff Eaton. The initial Drupal 7 version was maintained by Eric Duran.
Fivestar for Drupal 6, 7, and 8
Fivestar currently works best with the latest stable release of Drupal 7. The Drupal 7 version of Fivestar is actively maintained, and will be until the Drupal 9 version is released. Please make sure you are running the latest copy of Drupal 7 before using Fivestar.
We will soon start the work to port Fivestar to Drupal 8, with the intention of it being ready when Drupal 8 is released - or shortly after.
Consequently, we can no longer support the Drupal 6 version of Fivestar. It is in security maintenance mode only. When the Drupal 8 version of Fivestar is released, the Drupal 6 version will be officially deprecated. However, if a volunteer can be found who is willing to test patches for the Drupal 6 version, we could revert it to normal maintenance. See Help testing Drupal 6 patches.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Evaluation/Rating
- Reported installs: 22,209 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 556,699
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014