Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module create a new content type that is actually an uploaded file. We can therefore unify the administration to file upload with nodes.
- To create a File Node, he/she can upload a file with IMCE browser. He/she can use IMCE browser to select an existing file on server as the "File Node file".
- When the File Node is created, you may download the File Node file at "node/[nid]/file". The real path of the file is hidden.
- If a user has permission to edit the specific File Node, he/she can get a normal node page that has title, description and link to the file. He/she can update title, description and file here like normal node.
- If a user has no permission to edit the File Node, the File Node "node/[nid]" will redirect him/her to "node/[nid]/file". Then the user may see / download the file directly.
- File Node module comply with node revision of drupal. You can create a new revision with a different file. And you can later revert to the old file with no difficulty.
- File seeks support for multi-session download.
- File Node dependent file download control.
This module depends on this module:
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: File Management
- Reported installs: 67 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,487
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.