Field as Block provides an easy way to display one or more fields of the current node in a block.
This module aims to be a light weight alternative to modules like Panels and Display Suite, or using Views to define a block which only retrieves one field.
- Enable the module
- Open the Manage Display admin page of the entity (for instance: /admin/structure/types/manage/article/display for the article node type)
- Mark one or more fields to be displayed as block
- Select the desired formatter and formatter settings
- Set the field label to hidden if you do not want the block to have a title
- Save the Manage Display form
- Open the block administration form (/admin/structure/block) and assign the block(s) to a region
I would like to thank the authors of these tutorials:
- Create A Call To Action Block Using The Field As Block Module
A tutorial with screenshots, by Ivan Zugec.
- Field as Block en Drupal
A screencast in Spanish, by drupalalsur.
If you have a link to be added to this list, please let me know.