Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Field as Block provides an easy way to display one or more fields of the current node in a block.
This module aims to be a light weight alternative to modules like Panels and Display Suite, or using Views to define a block which only retrieves one field.
Usage (Drupal 7)
- Enable the module
- Open the Manage Display admin page of the entity (for instance: /admin/structure/types/manage/article/display for the article node type)
- Mark one or more fields to be displayed as block
- Select the desired formatter and formatter settings
- Set the field label to hidden if you do not want the block to have a title
- Save the Manage Display form
- Open the block administration form (/admin/structure/block) and assign the block(s) to a region
Usage (Drupal 8)
- ToDo: Write instructions. -
I would like to thank the authors of these tutorials:
- Create A Call To Action Block Using The Field As Block Module
A tutorial with screenshots, by Ivan Zugec.
- Field as Block en Drupal
A screencast in Spanish, by drupalalsur.
If you have a link to be added to this list, please let me know.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 6,464 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 19,774
- Last modified: July 12, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.