Add-on module for FeedAPI that maps elements on a feed item such as tags or the author name to taxonomy or CCK fields. These mappings are configurable by point and click.
You can map any element in a feed to:
- Taxonomy (part of Drupal core)
- CCK text and numbers
- CCK link
- CCK embedded media field
- Location module type locations
- CCK date
- Any field on a node you build your own mapper for
- See a screencast of the Feed Element Mapper in action.
- Learn how to map media elements to CCK Embedded Media Field.
Compatibility in Drupal 5
If you're using FeedAPI / Feed Element Mapper in Drupal 5, take care with compatibility:
FeedAPI 5.x 1.3 or higher => Feed Element Mapper 1.0 beta 7 or higher.
FeedAPI 5.x 1.1 or higher => Feed Element Mapper 1.0 beta 6 or higher.
FeedAPI 5.x 1.0 or lower => Feed Element Mapper 1.0 beta 5 or lower.
Aside from a UI for point and click mapping, this module provides a hook based API for mapping any feed item element to any field (=property, in the widest sense of the word) of a node object. If you're trying to build such a "mapper" a good place to start is to check out one of the existing mappers, read the documentation in the module's feedapi_mapper.api.php or this blog post on how to build one: Build Your Own Mapper with the Feed Element Mapper
Feed Element Mapper 2.0
The 2.x branch of Feed Element Mapper is experimental and is not further actively developed.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Content, Syndication, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 603 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 38,808
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.