Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Provides streams of status updates like Twitter or Facebook's "wall" feature: each user/node/group/taxonomy term/whatever can have a "stream" or microblog where users can express their thoughts to the community. @mentions and #hashtags are supported, as well as comments on status updates, viewing conversations between users, the ability to "like"/"reply" to/RT a message, automatic updates without page refreshing, and integration with over 25 modules.
Facebook-style Statuses is moving to the Statuses namespace for Drupal 7+.
Statuses are not nodes, which keeps everything light and quick.
Short Feature List
- Each user/node/group/taxonomy term can have their own "status"/microblog/wall/guestbook
- Users can see threaded conversations
- @mentions and #hashtags like Twitter
- Users can "like"/"reply" to/RT a status message
- Integration with over 25 other modules including Profile, Views, Activity, Heartbeat, Triggers/Actions, Rules, Flag, Taxonomy, Twitter, Userpoints, Pathauto, Author Pane, Taxonomy, Input Filters, SMS Framework, User Relationships, Flag Friend, Views Bulk Operations, CTools/Panels, Devel, Mollom, Mentions, Popups API (in 2.x) / Modal Frame (in 3.x), Shorten URLs (in 3.x), Services (in 3.x), Context (in 3.x), Notifications (in 3.x), Domain Access (in 3.x), Timeago (in 3.x), ImageCache Profiles (in 3.x), and more
- Complete and up-to-date documentation for developers and themers
These modules extend the functionality that FBSS provides. Also check out the many integrated modules.
- Facebook-style Micropublisher - attach any kind of media (links, images, video, etc.) to statuses
- Facebook-style Statuses Tag Suggestions - suggests #hashtags and @mentions while the user types
- Facebook-style Statuses to Facebook - allows posting statuses directly from Drupal to Facebook
- Statuses (FBSS) to LinkedIn - allows posting statuses directly from Drupal to LinkedIn
This module is not affiliated with Facebook in any way.
You can get the status update box to grow automatically like on Facebook by downloading the jQuery Autogrow plugin and putting it in your site's libraries folder (typically
sites/all/libraries -- if that folder doesn't exist, you can create it).
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content, Media, Third-party Integration, User Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 362 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 67,588
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.