Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Provides feeds integration for entityreference for mapping directly to properties of referenced entities.
- Utilizes Entity API to provide mapping targets for entity properties.
- Will automatically create new referenced entities and update existing ones using a GUID mapping to separate between the two.
- Set default values for required entity properties and avoid being forced to map them in Feeds
How this module works is perhaps more easily conveyed through a simple example:
Lets say we are importing products, together with product-reviews as XML from a third pary API. This happens to be an ill-designed API, and the reviews are nested in the XML as children of the products they belong to, and cannot be fetched separately.
There are multiple solutions to this problem. One could for example create an API wrapper, preprocessing the file and separate products and reviews in two xml-feeds. This is a bit of work though, comes with additional issues like making sure reviews are imported before products etc.
Entity reference feeds provides a "quick and dirty" solution. After creating an entity reference to product reviews in the product bundle, fields and properties of product reviews will be available as mapping targets in the mapping settings of the product importer. Products and reviews will now both be imported in the same run, product reviews created "in place" as values of the entity reference field.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Import/Export, Syndication, Utility
- Reported installs: 1,168 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,865
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.