This module adds the "encrypted settings" field through Field API, which has the following two features:
- The field can be encrypted before saving to the database
- The field can be validated to follow INI format
This module is ideal to save credential settings information, such as a "Credit Card" field to add to users' profile. For example, the following credit card info:
card_number=123456789 card_holder_name="John Wayne" card_holder_address="123 South St., Ann Arbor, MI"
would be save to the database as:
kjmtcS84UQl0vCAiongqh82M1m6Q8FebA8IW2EGm Ojl7IwZSx3B3mufKBx0LBq12HND1Q8TIf8lLq6sZ2BOGh5CGGoLdM rUiyV8gZxTuEACI1WvIbXlJ+yz8o+GmItsbsFBxNgezKdg=
Note that this field is intended to work with plain text. It doesn't go through any input filters. See http://drupal.org/sandbox/tedbow/1208762.. In addition, this module is best to encrypt INI-style settings. To encrypt existing field (could be any type), please see
You need to install the PHP mcrypt library in order to use the encryption feature. Also, you need to add $mcrypt_secret_key="..." in settings.php file. Otherwise, the first 6 characters of $drupal_hash_salt in settings.php would be used as the secret key for encryption purpose.
Note: The encryption method used in this module has limitation on the lenghth of secret key. For higher level of security, please see http://drupal.org/https-information. For even higher level of security, please enable https:
This module is developed by Daniel Zhou from Michiza Computing
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 99 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,552
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.