Update on March 07, 2017: This module now has two new maintainers: Ayesh and Ben. The critical security issue (SA-CONTRIB-2017-023) is now fixed in the 7.x-2.1 version. If you are using any version older than 7.x-2.1 or any 7.x-1.x version, please upgrade immediately. Module will continue to receive bug fixes and new features in the future. You are welcome to collaborate!
DownloadFile is a module to direct download files or images.
- Added four formatters
- Usable in templates and views
- Accessible formatters
- DownloadFile 7.x depends on the File core module.
- Copy the download_file folder to the modules folder in your installation.
- Enable the module using Administration -> Modules (/admin/modules).
- Configure user permissions in Administration -> People, click on the Permissions tab (admin/people/permissions), go to DownloadFile module part and "Access direct download file".
- Manage teaser and full node display settings at Administration -> Structure -> Content types -> "your type" -> manage display (admin/structure/types/manage/"your type"/display).
- Choose a formatter to apply to files or images in that field. Four new formatters "Direct download file" appear in the select list.
- Configure the format of the link accessible at Administration -> Configuration -> Media -> Download file (/admin/config/media/download-file).
Using with Views module
Similarly, you can use a formatter when displaying files or images attached to nodes using File or Image in a View through the Views UI.
- Manage display at Administration -> Structure -> Views (/admin/structure/views) and add a new view by clicking the "Add new view" link (/admin/structure/views/add) or edit an existing view by clicking the "Edit" link (/admin/structure/views/edit/"your view").
- Click on a file field or image field.
- Choose a formatter in select list "Format" to apply at this field. Four new formatters "Direct download file" appear.
- Click on "Save" button and see the display in the preview.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Fields, File Management, Media, Views
- Reported installs: 7,913 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 39,322
- Last modified: 11 March 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.