The Domain 301 Redirect module allows sites to 301 redirect to a domain that is marked as the main domain. This means you can have all subdomains and other domains pointing to the site 301 redirect to a domain that you choose as the main domain. This provides great SEO benefit.
With the main domain set as http://www.example.com the following redirections
would take place:
- http://example.com/user/1 -> http://www.example.com/user/1
- http://mydomain.com/content/2 -> http://www.example.com/content/2
- http://www.mydomain.com/somepage -> http://www.example.com/somepage
As you can see from the examples, the path remains in tact but the host portion
of the URL changes.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Search, Utility
- Reported installs: 2,638 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 20,384
- Last modified: 12 July 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.