This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Dev Tools is a collection of PHP classes and functions which help with and simplify Drupal module development. While most components don't have (or need) front-end interfaces, some do provide configuration forms & GUI tools. See readme.txt for use instructions.
There are currently no plans to ever release a 'stable' (in Drupal terms) version of the module, but rather always keep the code in the dev releases. As mentioned, Dev Tools is not meant to be used by anyone other than developers, and having release versions for a module that has no specific feature requirements doesn't make much sense, either.
The module's pieces of functionality are broken down into 'components,' which can be loaded individually, or all at once. Currently available components are listed below.
- ajax: adds
ajax_command_remove_class()to Drupal's AJAX commands
- array: adds
- batch: provides class for simplified Batch operations (work in progress)
- block: defines
block_render()for getting block content
- cdn: adds improved file touching interface; allows for invalidation of files on CloudFront;
- date: defines
- debug: debugging helper; defines
perm_debug()for formatting debug output
- dialog: functionality for processing forms (with state / multi-page support) in dialogs
- display_suite: simplified programmatic creation of display suite fields
- entity: registers the
entity_idproperties on all entities at load-time; defines
entity_save_field()for saving entitiy fields (much faster than doing a full entity save)
- field: defines a series of field-related helper functions
- form: defines
- http: defines
- jquery: adds the
classRemovedjQuery event handlers
alert()behavior to send the text to
- js_watch_value: provides JS function for watching specified value and calling a callback when the value is changed
- state_required: workaround for bug in JS states: https://drupal.org/node/1592688
- string: defines
- taxonomy: defines
- ui: defines
zebra(), an experimental zebra-class generator
- views: defines
Planned feature/component development
I will be adding functionality which I have developed and find useful enough to be re-used from project to project; this will include tools for contributed modules such as Display Suite and Relation, as well as miscellaneous classes.
If you have 'miscellaneous' helper code which you think would be useful to other developers, please file an issue and attach the code; I'd be happy to review and add it to Dev Tools.
Relation to Devel module?
Despide similar names, the two modules share little to nothing in common. Devel is primarily meant as a tool used during development (and turned off in production environments). Dev Tools is meant to make development simpler, and is intended to be used in production.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 23 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 929
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.