Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Dynamic display block slideshows are mainly used to showcase featured content at a prominent place on the frontpage of the site in an attractive way. A featured content slideshow can contain e.g.: New articles, Most popular content, New products, Portfolios, Videos etc.
For more examples see: Demo site
For example commercial themes see: Themes site
For sites using ddblock see: Sites using ddblock
For installations, custom configurations and custom theme developments fill out the design requirements questionnaire to create an efficient workflow.
Support for the dynamic display block slideshow module is given on a daily basis.
- Please post support requests, feature request and bugs in the issue queue and not on the documentation pages.
- Give detailed descriptions of your issues, so I can help you better.
- Searching the issue queue (search on all issue) and the FAQ can give you direct answers.
Slideshow theme layouts
The dynamic display block slideshow module is supplemented with free and commercial slideshow theme layouts. Examples of free slideshow themes and the commercial slideshow themes can be found at themes.myalbums.biz. Free themes can be found at the download page.
How you can help?
Below are some examples how you can support the development of the module:
- Write a review on drupalmodules.com.
- Post bugs, patches in the issue queue.
- Review documentation and post issues in the issue queue.
- Review module code and post snippets of code in the forum to improve the module.
- Post your site as an Internet site using the dynamic display block module.
I need your time, efforts, feedback and support for the module.
The module is developed and maintained by Philip Blaauw.
I like to thank developers like Aaron Couch (helped with adding Image cache support to the module) and Josh Waihi (helped with reorganizing PHP setting declarations) for their interest and help with the module. I also appreciate the help of others who found bugs, made suggestions for improvements, made issues to improve the documentation and who made reviews of the module.
Support and development of the module is made possible by selling new custom theme layouts and by paid services like installations and customizations of slideshow solutions.
Future of the dynamic display block module.
The module will get a 1.0 release version of the current RC6 version which fixes bugs. A new 2.x dev version for drupal 6 will be created which will have new functionality like in the Drupal 7 version of the ddblock module and in the views_slideshow_ddblock module for drupal 6.
Drupal 7 development version is released, please help with testing. The module now uses field mapping of views fields to slideshow theme fields instead of preprocess functions. An extra prev/next pager is available in all slideshow themes, an example theme with a scrollable pager is added. The module makes now use of themed views data instead of raw views data. No preprocess function anymore.
For paid installation, configurations and customization of the module and slideshow themes, you can contact me via my contact form. I also do a wide range of drupal development, configurations and theming for Drupal sites.
There are several other Drupal slideshow / carousel / rotator / tab modules available. Have a look at this comparison to find out what suits you best.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 11,169 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 157,376
- Last modified: June 12, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.