This module can greatly simplify user entry of repeating dates by allowing the administrator to pre-set repeat date rules.
The module supports two types of preset:
- Select a preset repeat from a list. (E.g. every year, every month, every week). Up to 5 configurable preset repeat rules are allowed as well as the options to not repeat or, if configured, to specify a custom repeat rule via the standard form. This is similar to the way Apple iCal does it.
- A single configurable preset rule which is either applied automatically for a specialised date field (e.g. your birthday, anniversary etc) or via a checkbox for a more general "is this an annual event" type field.
The following sites/apps inspired the repeat date presets module:
- Apple iCal - very slick repeat date UI - example of preset select box with custom option.
- Amazon - Your profile > Your reminders > create/edit reminder - example of optional single repeat rule.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Fields
- Reported installs: 386 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,168
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.