Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Note: This module is being merged into the Mediafront Module. The Drupal 7 version of MediaFront will have the Dash media player included in the module download. For Drupal 6 users, there will be an update to this module in soon time that will add the Dash media player within the Mediafront module.
A media player built for Drupal CMS
This module is a helper module for the new Dash Media Player.
The Dash Media Player for Drupal CMS is a revolutionary, first of its kind, free to use media player built specifically to tap into the power of Drupal CMS! Just imagine… a media player whose content is driven by the power and flexibility of Drupal. With this player, you can truly take advantage of the best of two worlds... the incredible user interface of Flash, and the unparalleled content management of Drupal. Using these two systems together, you can quite literally have your very own Media CMS system! As you will soon see, the Dash Media Player is a truly remarkable player geared up for the rise of Web 3.0.
Dash Media Player Features
- YouTube Support: With Embedded Media Field integration.
- RTMP Streaming Support.
- Remote Playlist Support: Allows you to have the playlist separate from the player on the page but it act as ONE player!
- Compatible with ALL Drupal Media modules!
- Completely Skinable (using external SWF files )
- Create and Manage your Media Playlists using the Views module!
- Add custom CCK fields to the player.
- RSS, XML Playlist, and Single File compatible
- High Definition Video Support ( H-264 )
- Media Free Tagging Support
- Complete Audio Support.
- Works great as just an Image Viewer.
- Written using latest Object Oriented Techniques in Actionscript 3
- Lightweight: All these features packed into only 55kB!
- 100% Resizable
- Secure: Using Drupal's Services Module
- Built in 5 star voting mechanism.
- Full Screen Support
Working with the latest Services module
Since Services version 2.x, there have been some changes to the installation process that people need to be aware of. First, you will need to install the latest version of the Dash Media Player found at http://github.com/mediafront/dashplayer. Next you will need to install the Key Authentication module along with the Services module. Then, when you create your API Key, you will need to select the following services.
- dashplayer.incrementNodeCounter ( if visible )
Next, you will need to navigate to the Services Administrator, and then click on the Settings tab. From there, you will then need to enable the Key Authentication module using the Authentication module drop-down selection. This should be able to get this media player working with the latest Services module.
For more detailed information regarding this transition, I recommend reading Working with the latest Drupal Services 2.x tutorial
Installation & Configuration Videos
If you would like to see some videos on the installation and configuration of this wonderful media player, I have put together a high quality walk through video tutorial session walking you through the installation and configuration of the Dash Media Player. To see these videos, visit http://www.mediafront.org/documentation/drupaldashplayer/dashplayervideos.
To keep the releases between the Drupal integration module separate from the actual player, you will need to go to MediaFront.org to download the latest version of the Dash Media Player. You can also find full documentation at http://www.mediafront.org/documentation/dashplayer.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Media, Syndication, Third-party Integration, Views
- Reported installs: 95 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 48,200
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.