Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module provides a really fast, secure and stable, lightweight CLI Daemon. This daemon exposes a simple hook in order for module to run actions using it.
- Clean usage of pcntl_* extension, with SIG handling.
- Lightweight, it does bootstrap a Drupal in child processes in order to let modules benefits from hook_init(), hook_exit(), and a clean environment.
- Is able to run job_queue jobs, and Drupal cron if no other module has been run.
- Provide a Drush integration.
- The CLI Daemon can be run and killed by site administrator from the Drupal administration.
- Proceed implementing module list pragmatically, run the first found and dies after remembering where is its module pointer within the module list.
- Heavy data migration, as with the Yamm module, for example.
- Recurrent arbitrary data alteration, like feeding node reference fields content as with the Solace Node Reference module.
- Running job queue in order to send a lot of mail in another context than the HTTPd limited execution threads.
- Running the cron outside the same HTTPd environment.
No Drupal 7 version of this package will be created. This code will be ported to Drupal 7 as a sub-package of the Advanced Batch module, which is actually in a sandbox state.
Issues, bugfixes and maintenance for this Drupal 6 version remains welcomed.
This module has been originally developed by Florent Jousseaume, for a larger project.
This module has been made generic because of DataSync daemon heavy bugs.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Drush, Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 2 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,475
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.