CSS Gzip will no longer be updated/supported and is considered obsolete. All future development is being done in the Advanced CSS/JS Aggregation module.
- It's compatible with Apache 1.3 (works great with cheap hosting).
- Compresses the content once and saves the result (less CPU load on server).
- Uses level 9 compression because it's only run once per file (smaller file size).
- In general, all you need to do is enable the module and it works (no core hacking/modifying .htaccess).
- Requires Clean URL's in order to work (mod_rewrite).
- Tested on Apache, other http servers not tested.
- Requires download method to be public (check in admin/settings/file-system)
What about mod_deflate?
Long story short this is faster.
How do I know it's working?
This is part of core now!
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 1,411 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 15,849
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.