This module doesn't always play nice with the Omega theme: please see https://www.drupal.org/node/2622252 for a potential solution.
Allows users to set custom submit messages for different node types via the Drupal UI. So, rather than being stuck with "Page title has been saved", "Page title has been updated" and "Page title has been deleted" the user can set custom submit messages. In addition to this, CSM allows you to change the title of the node creation page. CSM allows both of these things to be set separately for each language your Drupal site is running in, and for whatever user roles are defined on your site.
Depends on the Token module and the Status Messages Alter module. The Drupal 7 version of the module includes a version of Status Messages Alter. Kudos to Michael Barton for his work on Status Messages Alter; see for some background on why it is included with CSM.
CSM is currently in beta: please post any issues in the issue queue. For a discussion on the future of the module, see .
This module is now being co-maintained by stefank
- Download, install and enable the Token module. If you're using Drupal 6, do the same for Status Messages Alter.
- Download, install and enable the CSM module as usual.
- When CSM has been enabled, follow any instructions that are displayed with regards to updating Status Messages Alter.
- Go to http://www.example.com/admin/config/csm/csm and select the user roles for which you want to be able to set role-specific messages and form titles.
- Go to http://www.example.com/admin/structure/types/manage/name-of-content-type or Home » Administration » Structure » Content types » [Name of Content Type].
- Make the necessary changes in the "Submit message settings" and "Node creation page title" sections, using standard HTML tags and token replacements as and when you like.
- Click Save!
Roadmap towards a 1.0 release for Drupal 7 - please help out where you can!
Fix the open issues in the issue queue (apart from those specifically mentioned below) Release a beta version of the module,and allow this to be in the wild for three weeks to allow for testing Drupal 6 release of a 1.0 version of the module Create a Drupal 7 branch from the 1.0 version of the Drupal 6 code While the module is in beta, check that it works with non-English Drupal installations
- Aim to develop the Drupal 7 branch as follows: alpha1, alpha2, beta1, beta2, RC, 1.0, with alpha1 including an upgrade path as per
It is possible to achieve some of the intended functionality of this module with the String Overrides module. However, String Overrides requires the end user to dig around in core code to find the pattern of any non-fixed string that is to be translated, which is not ideal from a usability point of view. Furthermore, as node.module provides only one string for all node types, it is not possible to set different submit messages for different node types using String Overrides.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 1,029 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 13,916
- Last modified: November 25, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.