CPN was covered by a recent webinar by Mediacurrent: http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/webinar-code-node (this is also mentioned in DrupalEasy podcast 120)
It should be made clear that allowing non-developers to insert JS at will can be A Really Bad Idea; to quote Bob Kepford:
That sad moment when I consider just using Code per Node.
After the usual module installation, you should:
- Configure the global settings at
- Set appropriate permissions at
- Enable per-content type settings at
- Install CodeMirror (tested with v3.20) to
- Turn on syntax highlighting at
- CPN has only been tested with CodeMirror v3 (specifically v3.20), may not work with the new v4 (see #2292521).
- While the priority is the D7 version, effort is being made to backport all improvements to D6 too.
- The 6.x-1.x and 7.x-1.x branches both support Libraries API for the installation of CodeMirror.
- An excellent tutorial has been written by Jeff Geerling that explains how to migrate from inline CSS/JS in the node body into CPN.
This module provides functionality similar to other modules. I'll outline the differences, as I best understand them:
- Inline CSS Checker: use this to find any content that has inline CSS in text fields.
Continued development is sponsored by Mediacurrent.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 5,205 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 35,471
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 26, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.