Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module lets you automatically close the comments on any or all node types. You can close comments that are a week|month|year old. Comments are closed in a cron hook daily|weekly|monthly|annually.
Q) What exactly is meant by "Comment Closing"?
A) A node like a blog entry, story or page is closed off for comments, i.e, no new comments possible, but existing comments remain visible when the node is viewed. This is the "read only" setting for comments.
Once this module is active it will permanently close off comments based on it defaults you should go into the module settings and set things to your preference right away. Also there is no way to revert the change. The only way to reopen the comments section is to edit each node one by one. (Note that the 6.x-1.x-dev version from Oct. 19 and later fixes this problem.)
I just applied a patch by agentrickard to migrate comment closer to drupal 7. It passes a check by coder but I haven't done much testing on it yet.
As with all contributed modules, when considering submitting an issue:
- Read the documentation (two or three times is better).
- Review the existing issues list. (Don't forget to select "<all>" for the "Status" field.)
- Gather all the appropriate information. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Drupal version.
- Browser type and version.
- Database type and version.
- Error messages, if any.
- Module settings.
PHP 4 and MySql 4
Due to end-of-life on PHP4 and MySql4, we no longer actively support either of those products. If a problem arises, we will make an effort to work around it, but will not make a guarantee. Drupal 7 will require PHP 5.2.5 or higher and MySql 5 (or Postgres 8); if your host is not at these levels yet, please encourage them to get there ASAP.
Currently in 6.x-1.x-dev
Currently in 7.x-1.x-dev
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 155 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 19,061
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.