If you want to use this module, your options are:
- Choose another, actively maintained module instead (e.g. Permalink)
- Fix the module and then contact the security team to have your version reviewed and the project handed over to you following the abandoned project process
- Hire someone to fix the security bug so the module can be re-published (see this guide on how to hire a Drupal site developer)
The Comment Page module was developed to increase the number of pages on a site that can be indexed by search engines. It accomplishes this by creating pages that display comments individually along with an optional thread review that links to other comments in a thread display. The individual pages will also come in handy for your site's users, as it makes for easy bookmarking and linking to particular
comments in a discussion. This module was particularly designed with site forums in mind.
Pages use a very simple URL naming scheme: 'comment/1'
The comment subject is also included after the comment ID to include search
keywords in the URL. (This is among the optional display settings.)
The link to the page may be displayed in the normal comment links section, or that link may be turned off and you can include the link somewhere else by theming. An example of integrating this module with Flatforum has been included in the Readme, but I make no guarantees that it is a simple drop-in solution as most Flatforum installs seem to take some custom tweaking.
View all the display options at 'admin/content/comment_page'.
You can also set your site's comments to default their subjects to something like "Re: Parent subject" when the comment subject field is left blank.
The 6.x branch is not being actively maintained, and there are issues logged against it that may or may not cause it to work improperly. If you're looking for an active module with similar functionality, please check out Permalink.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Reported installs: 16 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,961
- Last modified: December 1, 2014