This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Com2smf integrates commenting system of Drupal with SMF (Simplemachines forum). Com2smf store comments in SMF’s database. So it’s available to comment materials of site in both places – in Drupal and SMF. With creating of first comment module create a “start post” in forum with link to material. All of comments are readable in Drupal and SMF.
Developer's release of Com2smf provide limited integration of users – authors of comments are linked with cross table.
COM2SMF have some features for linking of users in both databases:
- linking of user's accounts in Drupal and SMF;
- automatic registration of new users from Drupal in SMF;
- synchronizing of user's name, E-mail, password from Drupal to SMF;
- increasing post's counter of user in SMF with comments in Drupal;
- shared login and logoff in SMF with the same actions in Drupal;
- shared activating/deactivating accounts from Drupal.
Also module provides some blocks:
- fully standart for COMMENT module block "Recent comments" with number of comments setting;
- Last replies in forum;
- Top posters in forum;
- Users in forum online;
- Hot topics.
If you are using Captcha to protect from spam, you need add tag to comment's form of Com2smf: in http://example.com/admin/user/captcha/captcha/captcha_point add Form Id com2smf_form
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content, Third-party Integration
- Downloads: 1,303
- Last modified: 1 December 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.