Com2smf integrates commenting system of Drupal with SMF (Simplemachines forum). Com2smf store comments in SMF’s database. So it’s available to comment materials of site in both places – in Drupal and SMF. With creating of first comment module create a “start post” in forum with link to material. All of comments are readable in Drupal and SMF.
Developer's release of Com2smf provide limited integration of users – authors of comments are linked with cross table.
COM2SMF have some features for linking of users in both databases:
- linking of user's accounts in Drupal and SMF;
- automatic registration of new users from Drupal in SMF;
- synchronizing of user's name, E-mail, password from Drupal to SMF;
- increasing post's counter of user in SMF with comments in Drupal;
- shared login and logoff in SMF with the same actions in Drupal;
- shared activating/deactivating accounts from Drupal.
Also module provides some blocks:
- fully standart for COMMENT module block "Recent comments" with number of comments setting;
- Last replies in forum;
- Top posters in forum;
- Users in forum online;
- Hot topics.
If you are using Captcha to protect from spam, you need add tag to comment's form of Com2smf: in http://example.com/admin/user/captcha/captcha/captcha_point add Form Id com2smf_form