CD Deploy is a Webserver for Drupal that runs from a CD/DVD media on Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/XP and Vista.
In order to run a Drupal site you basically need:
- Web Server
- Database Server
CD Deploy does a "pack" of all the stuff needed, copying it into a folder called "app" which you can then burn to a CD/DVD. How does such pack is build? Well, it uses two technologies:
- Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)
"make" is a powerful command which executes instructions from a Makefile, and NSIS is powerful scripting system to create installer executables able to run in MS Windows 9x, ME, XP and Vista.
The Makefile in folder "lib" contains commands to download and prepare 3rd-party software above.
The recommended Operating System for using CD Deploy is Linux. Just notice that your site will run in MS Windows only.
Not a module
CD Deploy is NOT a module, but a couple of helper scripts to deploy your Drupal site in a single CD/DVD.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Developer
- Downloads: 845
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.