This module provides a method to enforce referential integrity rules for CCK user and node reference fields. In other words, it allows you to decide what to do with reference values when a referenced entity (node or user) is deleted.
CCK node and user reference fields may contain values that point to nodes or users that have been removed. CCK does nothing when a node or user is removed with the values of fields that reference them. So after some time, your node and user reference fields may contain records that point to nowhere. Orphans.
Extension for reference fields:
Once the module has been installed, the user and node reference field settings form will provide a new option "Referential integrity behavior".
Available options are:
- None (default).
- Set NULL (Set the value of this field to NULL when referenced users/nodes are deleted).
Monitoring orphan records:
You can also review all your reference fields to monitor if they have orphan records from Administer -> Content management -> Content -> Orphan references.
This report displays the total number of records in the tables used for each reference field, and also the number of orphan records found, if any.
For the tables where orphan records have been found, you can then list these records to review them manually, or to set their values to null. You should make backups of your database before processing orphans should you need to revert any changes made from this panel.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK)
- Reported installs: 244 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,558
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.